"Help! I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business"

I Am In A Serious Dilemma: My Husband Has Put Me In A Tight Corner ...

My post might be lengthy but I'll try my best to be brief but please read to the end.

I'm in my early twenties (20's) and currently a student in one of the prestigious university in Nigeria.

Before I got admission, I usually help my mum to sell onions in Ajegunle market aka boundary market in Lagos State.

Ever since schools were shut down due to the pandemic I've been scared of helping my mum because of the despicable rules or laws guiding the business which i might not be able to keep to it thereby putting my mum in trouble and that's the only means of survival for me and mum for now.

My mum belongs to a group of people that sells same product and they are usually referred to as Union and the leaders are the one dishing out those annoying laws.

Examples of such laws are:

1. You don't buy more than the quantity of goods apportioned to you else you will be fined and suspended from selling but the so called leaders go contrary to these laws

2. They tell you when to buy goods i.e before buying new goods, you sell your old goods for 7days not minding if the quantity apportioned to you is enough or not. My self as a case study, we were apportioned 3 bags of onions and I sell 3 bags in 3 days so me and my mum would stay at home for 4days before going to buy new goods.

3. They tell you when to start selling which is 10:00am everyday excluding Sunday and this law was before the pandemic

4. They tell you how to sell i.e the size of onions you are to sell for a particular amount as if they borrowed you money or they are the one giving you money always to buy goods.

And many more of these unimaginable laws. Right now I confused! I don't know the best way to go about this and I really do wish to start selling because I'm broke and I've so many responsibilities to care for financially.

I need legal help, advice on how to go about this until I get something else to do or probably a work or a different business.

The reason for going into business is to make profit and save for rainy days but the reverse seems to be the case here.

Please help me move to front page to get more reviews in regard to this

Comments